Depending on the drug crime you have been charged with, you may be facing time in state prison or county jail. Other options include significant fines, probation, community service, or mandatory drug treatment Drug crimes include:
Drug crimes include:
- Drug possession, including marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine
- Drug cultivation, such as growing marijuana illegally
- Drug sales and transportation
- Illegally obtaining/ selling prescription drugs, such as Oxycontin, hydrocodone and codeine
- Manufacturing narcotics, such as having a meth lab
A conviction for a drug crime in California may affect your future career and education opportunities and will create a criminal record that is available to the public. It is never in your best interest to try to defend yourself if you have been charged with a drug crime.